~> Never agaiN! (8)*

jueves, 21 de octubre de 2010

~> "тнe ѕυn" вy мary oLiver*

I really really loved this poem, the way it started was amazing, because while you were reading the first stanza, indeed you were beginning to imagine "the way the sun, every evening, relaxed and easy, floats toward the horizon..." I think that when the author mentioned how "is gone, and how it slides again... out of the blackness, every morning, on the other side of the world, like a red flower..." what she also wanted to say was that we should compare the sun with hope, and the blackness with suffering, and how, just like the sun, "light" (or hope) always returns after suffer, tears and black shadows...
What also surprised me about the poem was the way in which the author after spending 32 lines talking about how wonderful the sun was, in the last 4 lines... suddenly she turns the theme of the poem, and tells you... but after all this magic and beauty... are you still blinded by power and irrelevant things?

1 comentario:

  1. I love the way that you describe the poem in you'r own way it's like if you and the author were together and join all the ideas about the sun and even you explain it with other words and with diferent meaning I think that the author would combine you'r idean and her ideas :) I love it !!

    ResponderEliminar